Followers

Saturday, 18 December 2010

A special little gift!

Good Evening All!! Hope you've all had a lovely day. Well if you remember I've been complaining that we've not seen snow and guesss what ....... it arrived over night and the whole of today, it's so stunning, loving it!! Sadly looks like it's over now but we got some decent snow for a change woohooo!! Just wanted this to be a quick post really hehe, as I would like to share with you a little project that I've made for a very special dt teamie over at Totally Papercrafts. The gorgeous Tammy (Kizzy Designs) set our team a challenge of covering and decorating a matchbox and then filling it with crafty stash. So we've all done our boxes and you'd be sooo amazed to see just how much this matchbox can hold! We were then split into teams of two so that we make a matchbox for the other teamie and post it off. Here's my effort, hope I've done ok. It was such fun to do actually, definately think I'll be playing again rofl.
I've coloured my Tilda in with Copics and then used flowersoft on the trims of her coat and for the trim of her dress peeping out from under the coat I used glamour dust. Cut her out with a nestie and made a mini easel card. All the dps are Magnolia which I'm so in luv with, think it's one of my fave's from Magnolia's collections.
I decided to use the doo hickey die and put the tag on top and stamped Merry Christmas from the last Stamp Club kit, then just to finish it off I used some rainbow drops. The little drawer handle is a Tim Holtz hitch fastener. I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges :
Paperplay - Anything but a card
Magnolia Down Under - A gift for you
Wild Orchid Challenge - Pink, white, silver
Thanks for stopping by, hope my fellow teamie doesn't visit my blog as I only posted this off to her this morning and I'd hate to ruin the surprise actually but nevermind hopefully the contents will be a nice surprise for her! Lotsa luv xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Stunning Carol love it glad you finally got your snow it's stayed away from here so far think it's too cold just got a blanket of frost on the ground
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya my special friend!
    What a sweet gift!, fab image and beautiful colouring hun and I wonder whats it the box lol! Hope your ready for xmas and all your pressies are all wrapped up! And don't start me off with the snow, getting on my nerves now and I NEED SUNSHINE AND HEAT!! lol!
    Take care and stay warm
    Big hugs from stupid name hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carol! What a cute little marchbox easel card. A great idea. And perfectly done.
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this challenge - and Merry Christmas!!
    Hugs
    Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't look honest!! pmsl
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its gorguss Carol....Ria still hasnt recieved hers and I havent got mine :(( Thought she does say they have postal strikes there....what a time of year to get them hey? Have you had my card Hun?
    Sorry, I havent been about...missed you. Loads of Love Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, I love this Tilda and the colors match perfect!

    Thanks for joining us at MDUC, happy new year, Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Carol! love these papers too! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete