Followers

Wednesday, 24 November 2010

The Creative Cottage DT - Untraditional Christmas Colours

Morning Everybody!! Sorry I've been a bit quiet for a while but I've just been trying to catch up with myself doing some dt work as I'll be away from this afternoon until Saturday evening late. I'm off to Darlington for a CRAFTAGANZA with Crafters Companion woohooo. Three whole days of crafting and no housework, no kids to feed, just some much needed me time hehe! Anyway enough about me, let's get onto today's card which is for a brand new challenge over at The Creative Cottage and the theme has been chosen by moi. I was getting a bit tired of all the red & green going on with Christmas so I decided to choose "Untraditional Christmas Colours".
I have chosen one of my favourite images, as always, Tilda! I have coloured her in with Copics and used flowersoft on the trims of her coat and hat as well as the snowman's hat. I then used glamour dust for the snow. The papers I have used are from the Snow Much Fun Kit, available from the Creative Cottage shop. The sentiment is one of LOTV's new range. Lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts and the snowflakes are a Martha Stewart punch. The ribbon and charm are from my stash. I'll be entering my card into the following challenges :
Just Magnolia - White + 1 (blue)
Magnolia Down Under - Fab Sketch
CES Challenge - Lovely lace
Fussy & Fancy - Christmas with no red or green
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Punch it up
Simon Says - Let it snow
Totally Gorjuss - Not so traditional
Wild Orchid - Blue Christmas
Thanks for stopping by. Let's hope Mr Blogger decides to be kind to me and post my scheduled posts for tomorrow and Friday (fingers crossed). Please do hop over to the Creative Cottage Challenge blog for some fabby inspiration from my fellow teamies and join in the fun with us. Lotsa luv xxxx

22 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, Wow this is gorgeous! I adore this image and fab colour combo. Hope you have a fab time at Craftaganza :-)

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card Carol! Looks so wonderful dear!!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is really adorable, love the blue + white, its gorgeous. I've bee very quiet too lately, so busy with family, kids and work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card carol.stunning image and i love the icy colours and your fab lace and charm.have a fab crafty break :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweetie! such a beautiful card, luv the cute Tilda & the colours & lace are just soooo lush.

    xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh hun,this is just stunning always love blue for xmas cards,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image just blows me away. I have it, just haven't inked it yet, you've done a great job on it. Thanks for sharing with us at the MSL challenge. C2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hun
    aww gorgeous card, great image & colouring, lovely embelies, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi hun
    oh I am just loving this snowman this year you have coloured him so beautiful huggies lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty snowflakes and charm!! I like the coloring as well :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - that is such a cute image!

    Enjoy your crafting - sounds like heaven!!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card My Special Friend!, love the colours and beautifully coloured as always. Enjoy your few days away hun, and happy crafting!
    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh what an absolutely adorable card, Carol! I just love this Magnolia stamp it is sooooo cute and your colouring is fabulous! Love the colours and papers and the sentiment is perfect! Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
    Hugs,t and the MDUC DT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute as a button Carol, it's gorgeous
    ~Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooooooooo OOOOOooooo I love it!! I love the blue and white and this image WOW so gorgeous!! I love how you have coloured it:-) Thanks so much for joining in this weeks Sketch Challenge at MDUC
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you've used the sketch - your card is just gorgeous. The blue and white is fabulous and that lace is to die for!
    Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word Carol I love this a lot, the colour, design and image are beautiful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card Carol the layout looks great as do the colours. hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is fabulous and so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card, thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Carol, LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!! I love the blues!! IT's STUNNING!!!!!
    Thanks for joinig us at MDUC blog this week.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Carol :-) such a lovely image and the colours are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete